Daniel R. Ferri
Dan is an experienced commercial, class action, and intellectual property litigator.
Dan represents clients in a wide array of matters, litigating contract, patent, trade secret, copyright and antitrust disputes in federal and state courts throughout the country. He currently serves as appointed counsel for the State of New Mexico, enforcing the State’s unfair practices act, and represents individuals in multi-state class actions involving consumer fraud, breach of warranty, and violations of ERISA and RICO. He volunteers with the Chicago Lawyers Committee for Human Rights.
- State of New Mexico v. Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., et al. Case No. D-101-CV-2016-00131 (Santa Fe Cty., N.M.)
- State of New Mexico v. Takata Corporation, et al., Case No. D-101-CV-2017-00176 (Santa Fe Cty., N.M.)
- In re Polaris Marketing, Sales Practices, and Product Liability Litigation, Case No. 18-cv-0939 (D. Minn.)
- In re: Wells Fargo ERISA 401(k) Litig., Case No. 16-cv-3405 (D. Minn.)
- Combs v. Toyota Motor Corp. Case No. 17-cv-04633 (C.D. Cal.)
- Weidman v. Ford Motor Company, Case No. 18-cv-12719 (E.D. Mich.)
- Sloan, Jr. v. General Motors LLC, Case No. 16-cv-07244 (N.D. Cal.)
- WhitServe, LLC v. GoDaddy.Com, Inc., Case No. 11-cv-00948 (D. Conn.)
- Cascades Computer Innovation LLC v. RPX Corp., Case No. 12-cv-01142 (N.D. Cal.)
- Research Frontiers Inc. v. E Ink Corp., Case No. 13-cv-01231 (D. Del.)
- “Curing the Ascertainability Fallacy – The Ninth Circuit Strikes Back,” AAJ Class Action Litigation Newsletter, Winter 2017
- 2018 Survey of Federal Class Action Law: A Circuit-by-Circuit Analysis (American Bar Association, 2018)
Super Lawyer: Rising Star, Illinois (2016-19)