Greg G. Gutzler
Greg is an experienced trial lawyer and trusted advocate with a track record of results in high-stakes cases.
Greg is an experienced trial lawyer with a track record of results in high-stakes cases, handling all aspects of complex commercial litigation, including securities fraud, antitrust, Lanham Act, whistleblower, ERISA, RICO, patent infringement, breach of contract, unfair competition, and appraisal litigation. He represents hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capitalists, individuals, companies, and governmental entities in complex lawsuits in federal and state court, and arbitration, across the United States and internationally. Greg is a trusted advocate, chosen by clients when they need candid, creative, and aggressive approaches to create business solutions and decisive litigation successes. He has litigated extensively on both the plaintiff and defense side, working at his own boutique firm, as well as one of the nation’s most prestigious plaintiffs’ firms, and before that, as a partner of an Am Law 100 defense firm.
Greg litigated more than a dozen high-profile securities actions against international investment banks for misrepresentations made to investors in connection with residential mortgage-backed securities, recovering over $4.5 billion for his client. He was a member of the trial team that won a $1 billion jury verdict on behalf of Monsanto in Monsanto Co. v. E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Co., the fourth-largest patent infringement jury verdict in U.S. history. In recognition, he was a recipient of the 2013 Missouri Lawyers Award for achieving that year’s biggest plaintiffs’ verdict. Greg has extensive experience in the energy and pharmaceuticals sectors. He was also trial counsel for a leading biotechnology company in antitrust, patent infringement, breach of contract, and unfair competition trials.
- Monsanto v. E.I. du Pont De Nemours & Co. Inc. (E.D. Mo).
- CMFG Life Ins. Co. v. RBS Sec. Inc.(W.D. Wis.)
- NCUA v. RBS Securities, Inc. et al.(D. Kan.) & (C.D. Cal.)
- NCUA v. Barclays Capital, Inc.(S.D.N.Y.) & (D. Kan.)
- NCUA v. Morgan Stanley & Co., Inc., (S.D.N.Y.) & (D. Kan.)
- Gulf Power v. Peabody (N.D. Fla.)
- Monsanto v. Syngenta Seeds, Inc. (D. Minn.)
- 2018 Benchmark Litigation Star
- 2013 Missouri Lawyers Award for Biggest Plaintiffs’ Verdict
- 2012 Benchmark Litigation Local Litigation Star